Wednesday, May 19, 2010

This is Not a Skullcap! lol

Awhile few weeks back I was in the garden, and saw the marker…

HPIM8082

but the plant I saw then… was NOT a skullcap! lol over the winter someone else had taken over the skullcaps spot! (it was much smaller then, but here is how big it was yesterday)

HPIM8083

A gloxinia had volunteered and probably crowded out the skullcap! Luckily, while cleaning out last years flower pots I found…. a skullcap!

HPIM8084

Goodbye uninvited guest! Hello skullcap!

HPIM8085

When I posted pics awhile ago, I had shown that gloxinia and meant to tell you gloxinia had replaced my skullcap, but somehow just posted it was a skullcap, which obviously it wasn’t! lol Sarah, I bet you wondered how big they got here! lol

Was given a bonus from nature and had several pots full of chickweed! Yea! I thought this one was the cutest!

HPIM8086

9 comments:

Anke said...

I love that last picture, what a great idea to plant something in an old watering can. I love the look of those metal watering cans, but they are soooo heavy filled with water. Might have to keep an eye out now for some of them to use as planters...

janet said...

The gloxinia was very pretty, but I'm glad you got your skullcap back, lol.
I love the watering can as a planter, it's charming.

Comfrey Cottages said...

lol! actually the chickweed self planted itself in the watering can!

Sarah Head said...

Your post made me chuckle! I'm still not sure your scullcap looks like mine. I'll take some photos tomorrow and send you one. Mine are doing really well at the moment.

Comfrey Cottages said...

cool sarah, i will look forward to seeing yours. mine is Scutellaria lateriflora. what kind is your?

*Ulrike* said...

Love the watering can pic Leslie! The marker you are using for the skullcap is pretty cool too. Have not had much computer time lately, but wanted to let you know I'm having a giveaway. Stop by if you get a chance!
Take Care!
Ulrike

Brigitte said...

Hahah
that's really a special plant :-)

But I am still amazed how high this gloxinia is since I only know the short plants which are sold in pots...
Are they common in your area?

I grow scullcap for the first time and enjoy my tiny baby plants of Scutellaria lateriflora.
I hope to make tincture against migraine and headache.
What do you use it for?

Love your garden and wish you lots of sunny days.

Unknown said...

Did you make those markers with the herb names on them? I have been trying to find the kit to make them
Karen
www.gardenchick.com
www.gardenchick.com/garden-blog

Rita M said...

Love the markers you have there. The watering can would be very nice with flowers in Leslie :o)