Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ancient Beehives found at Rosslyn Chapel

Rosslyn-pinnacle

Look at the flower embellishment on the pinnacle. It has a hole in it for the bees to enter.

rosslyncomb

I love stories about the history of our bees and civilization. Rosslyn Chapel, just outside Edinburgh, has been a holy place for centuries. Its name means either “point of a waterfall” or “ancient knowledge down the line” depending on who you ask. One of the magical spots in the world I would love to see first hand someday. This link tells you more about this amazing discovery!

4 comments:

Vegan Epicurean said...

That is fascinting. Thank you so much for sharing the story and link. :-)

Alicia

Anke said...

How neat and how very interesting! Thanks for sharing this with us.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Anke

janet said...

Wow, Leslie, you always find the coolest links. That is fascinating and beautiful. I hope the bees return when they are done renovating.

*Ulrike* said...

Now that is a beehive! Very beautiful and interesting. Once again another link to look at, but I have been so busy lately I'll add a note to my note book so I won't forget!